Music Banter - View Single Post - Depression and suicide
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 11:15 PM   #149 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
I dont think there is a moral high or low ground. Each persons life is in his own hands. Everyone has there troubles, some more than others. At the end of the day you must realize things could be much worse, so go be around people you love and do something that you enjoy so that tomorrow you may start again.

Ultimately its your decision what to do with your life. End it if you must but as many people can vouch with me on this. if theres is even one thing left in this world you want to do, see, or accomplish then perhaps you should wait. You have nothing to lose right?

ps: I typically dont post about serious topics here but this one is important. The chances of major depression returning after having it once goes way up. And after that goes up astronomically. Case in point, if you have had real depression before chances say most likely it will return one if not many more times. I say this not to scare someone but to say learn everything you can from the trouble in your life. Without low points and trouble the ability to enjoy the good things does not evolve. For a person stuck in a dark hole for months, having a walk in the park on a nice sunny day can make them feel wonderful. Simple things, one step at a time.
Unfortunately, there are mental disorders which don't really allow for rationalization to take away the desire to kill oneself. Particularly when delusions and depression are present simultaneously.