Music Banter - View Single Post - Enslaved
Thread: Enslaved
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 11:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
Enslaved hold a very special place in my heart, and are easily my favourite black metal band. Below the Lights and Mardraum: Beyond the Within are two of their best albums. I like that they are not afraid to experiment with '70's progressive rock yet still not feel like they've sacrificed any of their original sound. A goal of my life is to see them in concert at least once.
A goal that I accomplished tonight much to my delight. It has been a very long time since I've seen a metal show and besides having to stand through two boring opening acts, Enslaved absolutely stole the show. I felt sorry for Dimmu Borgir who had to follow because the band just had the audience eating out of their palms. There weren't a lot of Enslaved fans at the start of their set, but I think by the end of it everyone in the audience was. My only complaint was their set was too short (to make room for Dimmu Borgir... who aren't anywhere near as good) and they didn't include any material from Below the Lights (2003). They were the only band to actually engage with the audience, even throwing in a few jokes here and there between each song. My neck, voice, and ears are aching with pleasure from getting to see them and that is a big fat thing I can check off my "to do" list in life. I really hope they come back as headliners because they are too talented to be a supporting band.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote