Music Banter - View Single Post - Going dutch ;)
Thread: Going dutch ;)
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 11:17 AM   #19 (permalink)
s_k
Music Addict

Focus is, indeed, very good.
I must say I prefer Brainbox to Focus. They have the same guitar player (Jan Akkerman).
Focus has brilliant ideas, but their brilliance is limited to a couple of tracks, whereas Brainbox has got a very, very brilliant album with "To you".

The most famous Rock band in The Netherlands itself must be The Golden Earring(s).
They were called the Golden Earring in their first period, the S was added later.
I don't think much of them. They have some pretty good songs though, like "Another 45 miles to go" and "All Day Watcher".

Then we have a blues band called Cuby and the Blizzards. Which is somewhere between Fleetwood Mac (without the girls) and the first two Ten Years After albums.
Lately a hardrock/funkrock band stood up by the name of DeWolff. It consists of some youngsters who turned out to be really, really good.
Another dutch band that may be interesting to you is "The Nits".
Some good songs by that band are "In the Dutch Mountains", "Nescio" and "J.O.S. Days".
Then there's a band called "Earth & Fire", of which I can only recommend their first album which has no name, but is often referred to as 'Matchbox'. Especially the song "Seasons" is quite nice. The lyrics are bull****, just a line of english words meaning nothing. But the music is good.
Last but not least, we have a pretty good (fun)punk band called "De Heideroosjes".

Eitherway, there's enough to fill a thread

I must say Belgium has better bands than we do. They have Balthazar (which is incredible), Novastar, dEUS, Admiral Freebee, Absynthe Minded, Ozark Henry...
The grass is always greener on the other side .