Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 10:39 PM   #4402 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

1) If you could do one thing to make the world a better place, what would it be?
- I feel like it's not really that easy to make the world a better place because if it was, I'm sure that people would have already done it. I guess I'm thinking on a grand scale, though; you can do little things to make your little piece of the world better, I believe. With that said, if I could do something to make a massive change for the better, I would do whatever was asked of me. Whatever I had to do, that's what I'd do.

2) What is your favorite holiday tradition? Are there any specific to the part of the world you live in?
- I really like what my family does for Christmas Eve. We have the family over to my mother's house (a total of 12 people) and eat finger foods and appetizers. We all give Christmas presents to the others to put under their respective trees to be opened the next morning, and light a fire in the fire place and watch a Christmas-y movie - the past two years it was Love Actually. Then, we open our Christmas Eve presents, which are always a new pair of pajamas and a book. (The pajamas are so our Christmas morning photos are more presentable, and the book is because I'm always so antsy that they give me something to do while waiting to open presents in the morning.) Then, at about four in the morning, my sisters and I all congregate in my little sister's bedroom and play a video game until about 5 in the morning, when we call my mom's cell phone to wake her up (before cell phones, we'd just make loud noises until she got the hint and got up.) Then, we wait until my mom and dad have made coffee, gotten the camera ready, gone out to have a cigarette, etc. After all of that, they let us go into the living room from the family room where we have been waiting impatiently, and we rush to our presents. We have Santa Claus presents, which are the ones our parents were too lazy to wrap, basically, then the presents from our parents and other family, which are wrapped. I know this is a really long answer, but I just remember this all so fondly. This will be the last year that this is the tradition, as I'm probably moving to Vermont this year, and my sister's moving to Cincinnati this summer, so my littlest sister will be the only one who really stays there after this year. Kind of bittersweet, really.

3) What do you want to be when you "grow up"?
- An actor / director / playwright. Pretty much what I already am, but actually making a little bit more money than I am currently.

4) Would you prefer to live in the city or the countryside?
- I really like both. I'd like to live somewhere sort of like where I live currently, which is over 20,000 people and some city stuff going on, but there's still a lot of nature and farm land and such not too far away. I like a lot of people really, but I think living somewhere like NYC would end up depressing me, ultimately. The plan is Burlington, VT.

5) Why are things easier said than done?
- Most people aren't keen on putting in the work it takes to get things done, I suppose. The end result is amazing and interesting, but there's a lot of work to be done in between the present and the end result that people don't really want to do.

6) What's your favorite type of cookie? (I might make you some).
- Oatmeal raisin. Delish.
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote