Music Banter - View Single Post - Hipsters
Thread: Hipsters
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 05:08 PM   #20 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
I know many o' hipsters! I don't assume what kind of music they listen to. I only know that they're easy to spot. I was actually a hipster for last Halloween. I wore flip flops, American Eagle jeans, a plaid t-shirt, as best a beard as I could have grown, and one of these hats:

I don't like stereotypes, but for some people I think it's just fake. Especially one of my friends who quite literally went from one extreme to another.. to another. From dark clothes and metal, to skinny jeans and was a self proclaimed emo fanatic, to a Starbucks lover who frequents thrift shops. I can't wait to see what the next big "thing" is. This new commercial almost made me cringe at how "current" it tries to be:

Who the hell is Pomplamoose? Exactly!
Yeah but don't fool yourself. The English-speaking people aren't going to let something go unnamed. Furthermore, unnamed things are just as easy to fake.

As for that commercial, it reminds me of the band things about the culture. That woman never looks like she's singing. And the music is Musicbox-esque.