Music Banter - View Single Post - Hipsters
Thread: Hipsters
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 06:48 PM   #21 (permalink)
zachsd
Music Addict

Quote:
To sum it up in a word, hipsters are "anti." Not any one thing, everything, even bands they enjoy because they have a misanthropic tint by nature. They're often a reflection of what they hate about everything else. Whether they intended it or not, they became the Aristotelian Mirror to almost anything they've come into contact with.
Well this makes more sense to me. But still, it just sounds like being a teenager, or more specifically being immature. Possibly the whole hipster concept came about as a result of society not having a clear counter-culture that young people could identify with. As a result, they just flaunt their desire to be "anti-" without joining a specific group. For instance, I'm sure in the hippie movement there were a lot of young people that joined without prescribing to any of the major ideals of the movement, just to fulfill their desire to be a part of a counterculture.

I don't know, I think I'm just giving too much thought to a subject that I really couldn't care less about.

zachsd is offline   Reply With Quote