Music Banter - View Single Post - Is it just me?
Thread: Is it just me?
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2005, 10:16 PM   #19 (permalink)
Lewiscode
Dadaist

Gotta say I prefer early Punk to current punk. Big Surprise right. But I think the reason that it's gone down hill is that there's so much pop punk clogging the air that people think that's what punk is now and days so they don't try to look for good current bands which are few and far between.
Punk is supposed to be about rebeling against the system and Pop is about letting the corparations stick their fat Cøck up yr ass just so you can get some crumbs they drop. The two can't coexist. it may have punk in the name but it isn't.
Punk rock was back to basic rock trying to combat bloated disco and theatrical rock. Back then they sang about political injustices now they sing about getting jilted.
The curent political scene is ripe for rebellion but for whatever reason it hasn't been bad enough to start a new era of real punk rock. Sorry about the rant but it's something I feel strongly about.
Don't get me wrong if you can find a new punk band that does punk right more power to ya.

Superfluous words are stupid.

Man is what man thinks

"What? Breakfast and Snack? Lunch and Snack Snack?Dinner and Snack Snack Snack?"

"We can't release these - the guitar is distorted"
- Milt Rogers
Lewiscode is offline   Reply With Quote