Music Banter - View Single Post - What kind of rap do you like?
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 05:47 PM   #77 (permalink)
tonyytoniitonee
Groupie

I think it depends. We all have a "natural state of being". Or that music that we naturally gravitate towards. But there's always a little wiggle room as far as the music we're keen to like. Say for instance it's a Friday night, I'm about to go out on the town to have a good time and dance. I'm not gonna go to Pandora and put on the Wu-Tang playlist. I'm gonna put on Ying Yang Twins, or Pitbull. Are these my favorite Rappers? Hell no. But within the right circumstances I can appreciate their work.
Another scenario, say it's any night of the week and there's just friends all hanging out together. We're playing xbox, just talking about life, a casual setting. I'm fine with some Wiz Khalifa playing in the background because his music compliments the mood. Or lastly, say I'm in the car. I use to have subs in my car, so I loved to listen to music with heavy bass. In that scenario, Wayne, got a lot of play, or anything that had a lot of bass for that matter. All the catchy, hook-heavy, mainstream songs. It all depends on scenario.
But my natural state is along the lines of Kanye West. I appreciate a trend setter. Someone who is not just a rapper but a true artist. Someone who treats a beat as a canvas and their lyrics as the brush and uses both to paint a beautiful picture. I want my music to be an "experience" not just sounds that flow through my ears. Something groundbreaking and original.