Music Banter - View Single Post - This I Believe There is / is not a God
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 01:14 AM   #558 (permalink)
MAStudent
Music Addict

Humans. So egotistical.

No matter what your answer is, it should be followed by,"at least thats what I think."

Who knows where anything came from?

The best we can do is describe as accurately and objectively as possible what we see and experience.

Science once claimed without a doubt the world was flat. One of the gospels has Jesus dying on Saturday, not Friday, in the original language.

Our best scientific guess at this point is that the big bang is a recurring phenomenon. Things pull together so forcefully with gravity that they compress and explode outward. When they finally lose momentum and stop flying away from each other, gravity gradually pulls them together forcefully again. More like a circular (timewise) pendulum than a starting point with consequential reactions.

Any good existentialist knows all of our logic (rational) and evidence gathering (empirical) methods are flawed. We are, after all, only imperfect humans. Creepy monkeys.

However, if in going around the world encountering things and naming them, you run into a force that makes itself known to you, shows you its intention, and repeats itself likewise, you should name it. Wind. Love. Gravity. <God/Eloh(im)/Allah/Dios/un-nameable>
"i think that's the real issue right there. first they tell us that there's no such thing as a brontosaurus, and then they tell us that pluto isn't a planet. i think after those two let-downs most americans have just decided "frag scientists." "- oops, I forgot who I quoted. adolescent something?
MAStudent is offline   Reply With Quote