Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 12:30 PM   #2364 (permalink)
RVCA
( ̄ー ̄)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
^From this post, what I get is that you don't like CoD, but it has a lot to do with the developers and you actually think the formula is massive fun and have an embarassing amount of days playtime on number 4 and 6 combined. Still, according to previous posts, you admit to being a CoD hater and compare liking CoD to being a fan of pop music.

I'm confused, but probably not half as confused as you are
Lol, I'm not confused, I just regret spending so much time on the series. It wasn't until a couple weeks into MW2's release that I realized how crappy it all was. I thought Infinity Ward was the greatest developer ever while COD4 was still a fresh game.

Quote:
Yeah, that's what I thought when you compared CoD to pop music. The charting pop music you linked to is hyped, that's why it's up there. I guessed hype was the reason you don't like CoD and as you say, that wouldn't be a relevant way of determining it's quality, hence my reply.
I think you're misusing the word hype. The chart of music I linked, according to the website itself, is "The week's most popular songs across all genres, ranked by radio airplay audience impressions as measured by Nielsen BDS, sales data, and streaming activity data." That music is, in fact, the most popular music of the week. Similarly, Call of Duty, according to sales numbers for MW2 and BO, is in fact one of the most popular game franchises ever.

I'm not saying that COD sucks because it's popular. There are plenty popular games that are also excellent games (Half Life), just as there are plenty popular albums/artists/songs that are also excellent albums/artists/songs. I'm simply making the comparison that COD is the Nickelback of videogames... it's "good" to those who really can't be bothered in doing the research and having the experience/playtime to form an opinion based on more than just "I like it".
RVCA is offline   Reply With Quote