Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums of the year 2010
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 01:45 PM   #66 (permalink)
clementine
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero1986 View Post
The year's not over yet but here's my albums of the year (so far)

3. Band Of Horses - Infinite Arms
By far their most accomplished and realised album to date. Songs like 'Laredo' and 'Dilly' show that this band has evolved while still staying true to their original sound. The band certainly sound like they're on the top of their game.

5. Alcest - Écailles de Lune
A seriously epic album. It's not quite as good as 2007's incredible Souvenirs d'un Autre Monde but it is truly an amazing album. What i really love about this album is the atmosphere, the music certainly lives up to it's awesome album cover. The combination of quiet instrumental passages, heavy guitars, hushed vocals, and haunting black metal screams make this album and amzing listening experience.

6. Butterfly Explosion - Lost Trails
My Irish album of the year. This album really hits the spot for me, it has no shortage of memorable songs and it's beautiful dream-pop/shoegaze-influenced soundscapes sound truly amazing. The guitars just sound really amazing.

those three are just great, specially Écailles de Lune, that one's on my list. the rest I'm not sure though I'd probably add Jónsi's solo album "Go"
clementine is offline   Reply With Quote