Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 02:56 PM   #2366 (permalink)
storymilo
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post

By the way, Minecraft is completely awesome! I especially like the multiplayer version which is slowly getting there. Beware with large public servers though, they tend to reset their maps every now and then!

Me and my friends from back home have our own server where we build.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnaught View Post
It's awesome, expansive, and completely addicting. I was turned on by a friend who lent me his info so I could play the Alpha version, totally blows the pants off the free version. I'm still getting the hang of things, I've learned how to make tools, doors, torches... all things you need before nightfall if you wanna survive the zombies. You can pretty much do and make whatever you want in this game, you get free reign over your world. Greenhouses, mansions, jack-o-lanterns, lava moats... you can do it all!

I highly suggest picking it up when you get a chance. It's good for an all night gaming binge or if you need something to do for 5 minutes before class.
That sounds really cool. I have a few friends who play it so maybe I'll try out the multiplayer. Open world games <3

Myself: I had another playthrough of Batman: Arkham Asylum last week and I forgot just how fun it is. Really everything in the game is handled well, and the action is incredibly fun as well as having some of the easiest controls I've ever seen in an action game (this is on PC). But the best part is when you're trapped in a room full of guys with guns. Swooping around... taking them out one by one.... evading their gazes... sall so fun. The only thing I felt disappointed about was the final battle, which felt really anticlimactic and easy.

I've also been playing Fallout: New Vegas. And it's one of the best games I've ever played. The world is enthralling and immensely rewarding to explore, even more than Fallout 3 in my opinion. VATS is still cool and I just love those shots where the camera follows the bullet right into your enemies brainpan. The sense of humor and fun pervading the game is also maybe its best feature, because I never feel like I'm in a dull world and there's always funny little details to pick up. Stumbling upon an interesting little story told in a series of several computer terminals that needed to be hacked inside a ruined robot factory was made so much more interesting just because of how off-the-record it was. Nowhere were you notified that there was a quest to be had; you just had to find your way around and it eventually led to a very worthwhile end. Also, The Strip, with all its warring factions and neon lights and gambling and prostitutes, is awesome.

So yeah it's an incredible game.
storymilo is offline   Reply With Quote