Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums of the year 2010
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 03:35 PM   #70 (permalink)
CanwllCorfe
Quiet Man in the Corner

As of now (in no particular order):

Rokkuro - Í Annan Heim

It's one of those albums that are completely timeless. Dreamy vocals and lots of classical influence help to really create a dark & cold atmosphere. I love it. The classical passages are unbelievable. Svanur has one of the best on the album.

The Saddest Landscape - You Will Not Survive

I've always been somewhat into screamo, but have never found something that really epitomized what I was looking for. The WHOLE album went on my phone. That never happens. The emotional intensity and aggression are spot on.

M. Ostermeier - Lakefront

Ambient can get a bit monotonous at times, but when it's done right, it can completely change the way I feel and think. This one is pretty damn dark. When I listen to it I can't help but feel unsettled somehow. The picture is spot on. You can tell by the trees that it is late in the year, and by the road that it just rained. The whole album feels like a dark, cold, wet suburban landscape.

The Tallest Man on Earth - Sometimes the Blues is Just a Passing Bird

Although his album Wild Hunt is fantastic, something about this one echoes the feeling I get from his first full length release Shallow Grave. I'd probably pick the songs I like from Wild Hunt, and the ones I like from this one to make the ultimate Tallest Man on Earth conglomerate.

CanwllCorfe is offline   Reply With Quote