Music Banter - View Single Post - Hipsters
Thread: Hipsters
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 08:36 PM   #62 (permalink)
CanwllCorfe
Quiet Man in the Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapercutCheeto View Post
A lot of people think Diamond Rings is a really hipster thing, but I think they make great stuff.
For me, music isn't even really a big thing. It's more all of the other things that go a long with it. Like the image and whatnot. It's kind of hard to explain, but yeah. I think it'd be hard to force feed yourself music just to fit into a clique. The music will be here years after the fashion and fads die away. Wanna see a hipster transformation?! Just as an example, 2 of my good friends. I've known them since perhaps 2nd or 3rd grade. Used to have Tool t-shirts and System of a Down ones as well. Perhaps Marilyn Manson as well.. but not positive. Now?

They're both on the far left. The guy with the big beard, and the girl immediately behind him with the yellow shirt. The picture was taken, of course, with a camera from a flea market. Unfortunately they took down all the pics with them in black clothing.. but you can make believe. The bearded man used to look like:

CanwllCorfe is offline   Reply With Quote