Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 11:51 PM   #2370 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
Well, I still think COD is more innovative than Halo personally, regardless of how shrewd the company's intentions are behind the game. Bobby Kotick may be a raging ****head, but it doesn't make COD any more or less good.
what did it innovate (honest question - not trolling)? Halo actually did bring something revolutionary to the FPS genre (the whole 'progressive' health method). what did CoD bring to the table that hadn't already been there in one form or another since?

personal opinion doesn't matter to innovation, it's an objective thing, they either developed and presented a brand new idea for the medium (which i can't think of) or they borrowed from their predecessors like most others (which is like faulting a rock band for having a bass player).

and before anyone says it, nicer graphics is not innovation. it's a reflection of better hardware being mass produced. few programmers still write efficient code, what's the point? just slap on another processor and more ram and stick in a juicier power supply and you're laughing so long as you can still cover the power bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote