Music Banter - View Single Post - Who Influenced You Most?
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 12:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
Interesting question, Vanilla!

Sidewinder - introduced me to dubstep through his posts...and also to one of my favorite songs..."Fine Objects" by Eskamon. I'll post it below, just in case someone hasn't heard it yet! I had no idea before MusicBanter that I'm a dubstep person.

CanwllCorfe - also shared fine dubstep songs with me via posts.

Urban Hatemonger - I've learned about quite a few songs I like and musicians I'd never heard of before through Urban's last.fm account. So, he didn't intend to influence me musically, but he has. Two examples of such bands are T.Rex and Polvo. Also, I'd never heard any music by The Damned before checking out bands Urban was listening to. While listening to more of their music on my own I discovered their cover of "Alone Again Or," which I love.
Interesting, as I'm not even really all that into Dubstep - I find too much of it cliched. I do however listen to a ton of other electronic music. But I do remember discussing that song with you, and I really love it as well. I've been an Amon Tobin fan a long time so that's how I learned of this collaboration.

It's also interesting that I'm a big fan of T. Rex and Polvo as well, and The Damned somewhat.

Many people here have influenced me, it would be hard for me to say exactly who at this point. I'd be afraid to leave anyone out, but let's just say everyone who's been around steadily since I joined that I've gotten into some sort of discussion with - has influenced me. So thank you very much guys and gals.