Music Banter - View Single Post - Ask A Foreigner
Thread: Ask A Foreigner
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 04:44 AM   #444 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_k View Post
I once heard that loads of young girls (aged 12-16) get pregnant in britain because they don't know or don't care about anti conception. And that it's a rather common thing there. The parents then just raise their children's children as well.

Is that true in any way?

I should probably mention that the person I know this from has had a Welsh girlfriend for over two years. Maybe it's a Welsh thing, I'm not sure.
The first part yes, our teen pregnancy rates are sky high. Our youngest father was a 13 year old at the time. The other part...not really true in my experience, the parents tend to raise the kids as scummy chavs on council estates, with a lot of HELP from their parents but living on their own.

----------------
Listening to: Nobuo Uematsu - ["Final Fantasy IX" Original Soundtrack, Disk 2 #05] Hunter's Chance [foobar2000 v1.0.3]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote