Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 10:36 AM   #6043 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

I'm weary of Neon Bible myself, but for different reasons. When I first heard The Funeral, I liked it alright. Then I started this job about 4 years ago and started to hear the songs fairly often on our office radio. I got really tired of the singer's whiney voice, to the point I started to really hate the band and wanted to stab my eardrums. I haven't listened to the album since. When Neon Bible came out, I had less than zero interest in hearing it. When The Suburbs came out, same story but a friend told me it was based on life in the suburbs of Houston, specifically The Woodlands. That is where I spent the last two years of high school and first two of college. I thought I should give it a chance, and as it turns out, I enjoy the album quite a bit and don't find the vocals nearly as annoying as those on The Funeral. Not at all annoying, actually. The album will likely end up in my top 20, but maybe not top 10. So you see, I think I'm far from the average Arcade Fire fan, and I have no idea whether I'll enjoy Neon Bible or not. I think I will definitely check it out eventually though, it's worth a try. And I'm sure I'll even revisit The Funeral at some point too - making sure not to have knives or pencils sitting around when I do.