Music Banter - View Single Post - The 10 Song Shuffle
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 11:27 AM   #2059 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turquoise_Days View Post
1. Nine Ninch Nails - Piggy (Pretty good)
2. Cop Shoot Cop - Got No Soul ("Will you people please stop jumping under my train" - the lyrics are pure gold! )
3. Nine Inch Nail - Sanctified (That bass!)
4. Firewater - 7th Avenue Static (Really pretty good)
5. Cop Shoot Cop - System Test (Eeeek - that's from some bootleg, and pretty much unlistenable, much as I love these guys)
6. Cop Shoot Cop - Triumphal Theme (Just...um, that one)
7. Echo and the Bunnymen - No Dark Things (Cardiac arrest of a song)
8. Certain General - Will you (Can you say epic?)
9. Pet Shop Boys - Opportunities (So glad this came up - classic pop at its best)
10. BRMC - Love Burns (Not the best song on the album this is from, but on the other hand, there isn't a single bad song on that album)
Comments are always welcome! List looks good overall, even if I'm not familiar with Cop Shoot Cop or Echo and the Bunnymen's music, I don't have any bias against them. The NIN and Pet Shop Boys tracks are great. I've heard one album from Firewater and it didn't do much for me, and have never heard of Certain General.

I'm not shuffling last now but I'll post the last 10 tracks I shuffled at home last night:

Stevie Wonder – Higher Ground (excellent classic song)
Tages – Mohair Sam (nice psych pop from this Swedish band no one seems to know)
Foscil – House Party (great Seattle-based instrumental hip-hop ensemble)
The Smoke – You Can't Catch Me (another nice 60s psych pop track)
The Black Heart Procession – Square Heart (one of my favorites from them)
KMD – F*@# Wit' Ya Head (feat. CMOB and Hard 2 Obtain) (some hip-hop I recently picked up, early MF DOOM project)
Dilute – Queer Dork Song (sort of mathy and post-hardcore indie rock)
Blockhead – Do the Tron (great instrumental hip-hop track)
Omar A. Rodriguez-Lopez – Melting Chariots (pretty decent jam from ATDI/Mars Volta guitarist)
Skinny Puppy – Politikil (meh - I love SP but the material from their 2 reunion albums is quite sub-par)