Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 02:04 PM   #6044 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Foscil - Foscil (2005)

A very nice jazzy instrumental hip-hop album that employs lots of live instrumentation. Probably more like nu-jazz with slow hip-hop beats I guess. They are a Seattle quartet consisting of 3/4th of the electronic group Truckasauras (who I've known about for some time but have never paid much attention to - aside from seeing the end of their set opening for Plaid a few years ago), plus horn/woodwind player Anthony Moore. Very mellow and downtempo at times, while more upbeat, glitchy and hip-hop at others. The overall vibe is pretty chill though, probably good for smoking herb. And it really doesn't feel all that hip-hop at all, it's more of an undertone, a current flowing underneath. Great mellow horns and other percussion. A shame this group is so under the radar - I added the album to RYM in 2006 and I'm still the only owner. The song "Glitter Gulch" is amazing. I would post up a few vids but the only 2 available that represent this album won't play for some reason. Fucking LameTube. Check it out though...very solid stuff. I'd been waiting for a follow-up for a few years and it seems it actually came out last December, but I had difficulty finding it. I see it's listed in Amazon's MP3 shop now though so I'll be grabbing it soon enough.