Music Banter - View Single Post - The 10 Song Shuffle
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 02:57 PM   #2062 (permalink)
Charlemagne
Say something vague

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob. View Post

Kraftwerk - Music Non Stop[Moscow] (9+ minutes of the best electronic music ever produced)
Neither/Neither World - Our Devil's Cave (dark brooding and Wendy's voice is exactly how i imagine Satan to sound like)
The Jesus Lizard - Monkey Trick[live] (this is one of many Jesus Lizard songs where David Wm. Sims's bass playing out shines the incredible "vocals" by David Yow)
Magik Markers - The Lighter Side Of...Hippies (one of my new favorite bands....its just wonderful like a rock in a cop's face)
The Angels Of Light - The Man We Left Behind (warm like a heated blanket at the hospital)
God Bullies - Follow The Leader ("oh my children there is no hope, lt's go to heaven in a big row boat"...this band is why i LOVE noise)
Wu-Tang Clan - Wu-Tang 7th Chamber (first the little skit is hilarious....what can i say this album is ****ing gold)
Luftwaffe - Apostate De Veritas (....yeah this is very much the soundtrack of the end of the world)
Leonard Cohen - Chelsea Hotel (this is from the live album released this year....man his voice still chills me to the bone)
My Bloody Valentine - You Made Me realise (this is the stuff i just love by MBV....a little less droney and little more rock...amazing jagged guitar work)
I wish I listened to more of this stuff, I've heard of a lot of it but never got around to really listening, especially MBV. Plus I like the comment on your own shuffle idea too.

Spoon- Well Alright (A nice upbeat offering from them, from the very solid Dark Was The Night compilation)
Bob Dylan- Isis (His lyrics are some of the best I've ever heard, no doubt about it)
CunninLynguists- Dance For Me (Despite the terrible band name, they are really great, wonderful sample in the beginning of this song too)
Wolf Parade- Palm Road (Off their newest album, I tend to prefer Krug's songs over Boeckner's but he's still pretty aweseome)
Mitch Hedberg- Tomatoes (This guy is hilarious)
Balkan Beat Box- Baharim (Worldish music that I have to be in the mood for to enjoy)
The Fratellis- Creeping Up The Backstairs (Acoustic) (I've been listening to them a lot more lately, surprising how good they are)
Stay Ahead Of The Weather- Sorority Social Suicide (I just got this ep about a week ago and have only listened to it once, but from the one listen it's pretty rad)
Les Savy Fav- Appetites (Not as experimental as their other stuff, but it's still pretty cool punk nonetheless)
Blackbird Raum- Coal (These guys are awesome, they play a very rowdy and exciting brand of folk-punk)

My Last.fm

Last edited by Charlemagne; 12-01-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Charlemagne is offline   Reply With Quote