Music Banter - View Single Post - Hello from Seattle!
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 03:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Vigilant1Seattle
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
Hello from Seattle! Blockhead is the business. Still undecided about Robot Koch - I checked out the second album and I'm just not sure if I like it or not. I will have to play it a few more times. I don't listen to any of the others you mentioned but based on them, we probably have a good bit in common.
To be honest, i only own "Deathstar Droid" by Robot Koch. At first I only liked 2-3 songs on the album, but as I made myself listen to it more I have found I really enjoy the whole work as a cohesive piece. I have only heard some of the new songs from the newer album.

I agree on Blockhead.

Did you go to the Bonobo show last night? It was "ok". I have been to all 3 shows in Seattle, and this one was maybe the second best. He now has 3 frigging people on horns, trombone, B flat trumpet, and a flute/sax (depending on song). I don't know if I like that, as it seems to sound a bit more "dirty", the sound quality last night was "meh" at best.

I see you are from Seattle too : - ) . You have a favorite record hunting shop you frequent? I have been able to get luck at some thrift shops, but Bop Street is also somewhere I seem to get lost in quite often.
Vigilant1Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote