Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 04:36 PM   #8636 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsubmissivewife View Post
Seriously? It wasn't THAT bad. The predators looked pretty bad ass (imo), and I thought Larry Fishburne's character was interesting. And Topher Grace wasn't a massive dissappointment like I thought he would be. All in all, not a fantastic film, but not utter garbage either.
No it wasn't that bad but if you grew up in the eighties and you love certain films (or any other era for that matter) then your expectations are high for a sequel that has a lot of praise and then are let down when all that you get is some admittedly cooler looking predators and not much else.

If I had never seen a Predator film then I would have liked it a lot more but I must have seen the original at least a dozen times so if Robert Rodriguez and lot's of fanfare are attached, then I want my arse blown off with something that I haven't seen before.

Hell, even the pretty poor second sequel set in motion the Aliens as sport angle when we were inside the predators spaceship.

The sense of camaraderie of the first film was sorely missing and if those beefcakes couldn't last against a predator what hope has a wimp, a sorely underused Danny Trejo, a typical hard nose female character and the man with the biggest nose in Hollywood have? Although Brody at least beefed up a little.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote