Music Banter - View Single Post - Mini-Review The Song Above You
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 06:09 PM   #408 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob. View Post
10/10....that was freaking great....i actually loved the first couple of minutes....what an incredible song....i will have to look into them

Satisfact - Demonstration
I'm surprised you didn't know Squarepusher already! Glad you like the song, it really is amazing.

I'm digging the Satisfact song, I'd never heard of them before. I see they share some members with bands I do know and enjoy on occasion: Lync, Love As Laughter, FCS North and Modest Mouse. I shall investigate further. 7/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_k View Post

Oldschool Ska from Japan.
It has to be your thing. Wonder what the next person thinks
At first I thought it was a misspelling of Hot Snakes. But definitely not. Playing it now. I'm not the biggest fan of ska but like the occasional song - I just never got into it to the point of buying anything, except The Specials. This is not bad at all, but wouldn't persuade me to investigate further. 6/10.

I just posted this in the video thread, but whatever. This is "It Won't Be Long" by Super_Collider, a collaboration between Jamie Lidell and Chilean techno dude Cristian Vogel. Best enjoyed on good headphones or a good soundsystem. Stock iPod headphones? Don't bother.

Last edited by sidewinder; 12-01-2010 at 06:18 PM.
sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote