Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 06:55 PM   #2379 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
That's not what I meant when I said innovative. I meant that the COD games have evolved much more over time then the Halo games. Comparing Black Ops to the original COD to me shows a much bigger change then what seems like the same engines in Combat Evolved to Reach.

Anyways I believe that (as someone already mentioned) COD was the first game to introduce the whole playing on different sides aspect of WWII, as games like Medal of Honor only offered American campaigns beforehand. Oh, and Call of Duty was the first to do Killcam too. That in itself I think took more innovation then just another form of health recovery.

And what exactly do you mean by 'progressive health'? If you mean regenerating health, you are wrong as it wasn't the first (and Halo 1 used health packs, remember?).

Read up if you don't believe me: Regenerating Health (video game concept)

Aiming down the sights was more fresh to gaming when COD used it then regenerating health in Halo.
first you need to learn the definition of innovation - Innovation | Define Innovation at Dictionary.com

just because the most recent iteration of a series is significantly different than it's original release doesn't mean it's innovative, only that it's different.

how does linking to something that proves the Halo franchise did offer actual innovation to the genre invalidate my claim of their innovation?

as for playing both sides of WW2 - Return to Castle Wolfenstein had that covered 6 months before the first CoD.

killcam? might not have been called the same in counterstrike but that doesn't mean your screen wouldn't change to the view of whoever killed you before you started clicking through other camers.

aiming down iron sights... not exactly a real thing. it's no different than being able to click to zoom in with a slight dynamic variation to the interface overlay. instead of closing in to a circle a la James Bond intro it zooms in just a little and changes the way the weapon is displayed. it's a smoke and mirrors parlour trick (and zooming has been a standard feature for years). it might have been new to you but if you honestly think that partial zoom with a different overlay is truly more innovative than a brand new health system for an established genre well... all i can say isn't nice. especially in regards to that last line of yours. really...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote