Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 06:23 AM   #4930 (permalink)
MoonlitSunshine
Dat's Der Bunny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
You'll discover as you get older that one day you will simply wake up in the morning and realize you don't give a rat's ass about what genre a certain song/album is and start enjoying the music based on it's merits within whatever sonic context it emerged from. And yes, that includes some post-grunge and smooth jazz.

Considering how touchy some people around here are about their tastes though, I'm guessing that's an unpopular opinion?
That happened to me a long time ago, and I'm only 21 :P

I sometimes find that there are users here who will slate something purely because it's mainstream, regardless of whether it's good or not. Yeah, some band that I may not have ever heard of might do it slightly better (in your opinion at least), but that doesn't make the mainstream stuff bad, it just makes it not as good (provided you're right). A Free Lunch isn't as good as a Free Sunday Roast, but that doesn't mean that a free lunch isn't awesome!

On a completely unrelated note; why are there no Sunday Roast All You Can Eat Buffets?

EDIT: While I'm here (and because I hate double posting :P) Led Zep are great; I think a lot of people here (at least used to) think that they are overrated, but not necessarily bad. Certainly I like their music, but I don't think they're the best thing since sliced bread.

Regarding Fleetwood Mac: I'm just gonna shame myself by saying I've only ever actually heard Rumours, but I love it <3

Regarding B-52's: For all it's Cheesiness, Love Shack is a classic.

- Arthur Dent
MoonlitSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote