Music Banter - View Single Post - Bruce Springsteen
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 08:15 PM   #52 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaligojurah View Post
Born in the USA about a million times(one of the most slow, irritating, experiences imaginable). Dancing in the Dark about a million times. Born to Run a few times. No interest to get beyond his hits.

As for being mellow, he's mellow by my standards. Then again, I'm typically conditioned to ultra-frantic music as a personal taste.
It's too bad that you haven't heard anything from what is easily his best album, Nebraska. Tons of great songs on that album, including "State Trooper" which sounds like early Suicide played on an acoustic guitar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaligojurah View Post
As for him being 24, I wasn't saying I didn't like him because I thought he was middle aged. I don't have anything to base hatred of the man on. I just associate his music, possibly unfairly, with the demographic. Maybe it's a tad immature, or close minded, to label his music as "slow and white" but that's usually how it sounds to my ear.
That's because of who listens to him now. I doubt he had a big middle aged demographic back in the 70s.

And I have to say I'm unclear on why "slow and white" is somehow bad. Sunn0))) are slow and white. Bohren & der Club of Gore are slow and white. That doesn't prevent them from being good.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote