Music Banter - View Single Post - The Most Beautiful Female Musician
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 07:44 AM   #599 (permalink)
Sansa Stark
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtiesgirl View Post
Beth definitely stands by her beliefs, which is something I admire. She's one of the few fat women in popular media who I seriously doubt we'll ever see taking money from Jenny Craig or Weight Watchers to lose weight and claim she hated herself when she was fatter. I find your comment about her face interesting since so many fat women are often told "you have such a pretty face," as if that's the only thing one can find attractive about a fat woman. A fat woman can be attractive, imo, whether she has a "pretty face" or not. Personally, I think Beth's face is just fine.

Here's the thing, though: you can no more judge a person's health based on their body size than you can judge the size of a person's bank account based on the clothes on their back. When you make such an assumption about someone's health based on body size, it dehumanizes them because it takes their voice out of the equation. Rather than allowing them their own autonomy to speak about their health - or not, as they see fit - you take that autonomy away when you make an assumption simply based on body size. It's sizeist and continues to support the dominant social paradigm that health = a body shape that the popular media and general public find sexually attractive/socially acceptable.
I think you're just waiting for someone to **** on her so you can tack a negative label on them and call them sizeist. Go back to your militant feminism club and grow your armpit hair. There is no way in hell she is healthy. She is obviously obese, and no quack would tell you otherwise, just by looking at her. What, are all those rolls air? And you know, just because YOU find her attractive doesn't make the rest of us sizeist or sexist or whatever pretty box you'd like to put us in, and i think you acting as such is just ****ed up. It's my right to find her unattractive.

Last edited by Sansa Stark; 12-04-2010 at 07:54 AM.
Sansa Stark is offline   Reply With Quote