Music Banter - View Single Post - Suggestion : Site Design Change - Musicbanter Needs a Frontpage! Please Read!
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 11:21 AM   #16 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post

I had a conversation with Yak and he was telling me that the management of the site (the people above him) owned plenty of forums and from his vantage, we were the least successful.

Its not something that should deter, but it is something we ought to weigh when considering the construction of the front page. If I lose another on-line music forum, I'm gunna be really pissed.
I think a lot of that blame should lie with both the previous & current admin.

In both cases getting them to do something to benefit the forum was like pulling teeth. And in the case of the current ownership getting rid of a lot of features that did originally exist (chat room, arcade, member lists, email verification...and so on).

This place was great when it was owned privately by someone who actually gave a shit. Sadly that hasn't been the case since about 2006 and to be honest this forum looks like a relic from that time too.

The only thing keeping this place going is the people here, as far as the owners go we're just one moneymaking tool amongst many who occasionally needs throwing a bone.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote