Music Banter - View Single Post - The Most Beautiful Female Musician
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 01:08 PM   #602 (permalink)
thirtiesgirl
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaqarbal View Post
Wait! There's been too much confusion and misunderstandings in some posts before, but I want to clarify that point. Let's distinguish between acceptable and accepted, OK? And let's distinguish between describing a common social view and expressing a moral opinion about that view, OK? They are different things. I know that some people do find fat people attractive, but that's not a popular ideal. I'm just describing a fact, whether we like it or not. I'm not making a "moral judgement", OK? And if you look at this post, you'll see that the two last points are very clear on this matter:
Zaq, you can argue your point all you want, but you're not going to convince me. There's no difference between "accepted" and "acceptable." The point that you seem to be making by posting 'comparison' pics of Beth Ditto and Francoise Hardy is that Beth is "socially unacceptable" by general standards. If you argue in support of the general standard that "fat people are socially unacceptable," you're supporting that point of view. You can't split hairs with me and pretend that you're not.