Music Banter - View Single Post - The Most Beautiful Female Musician
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 10:25 PM   #606 (permalink)
Zaqarbal
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtiesgirl View Post
Zaq, you can argue your point all you want, but you're not going to convince me. There's no difference between "accepted" and "acceptable." The point that you seem to be making by posting 'comparison' pics of Beth Ditto and Francoise Hardy is that Beth is "socially unacceptable" by general standards. If you argue in support of the general standard that "fat people are socially unacceptable," you're supporting that point of view. You can't split hairs with me and pretend that you're not.
Look, I'm tired of this discussion. And it's not the first time I argue with people like you (on many topics, from politics or religion to cinema or music), which continually plays the "strategic ambiguity" because they don't find any other way to "win a debate". And according to my "dialectic" experience, it's not worth the trouble to continue. In fact, it'd be counter-productive. So think whatever you want. As Clark Gable said to a 30's girl in the famous movie: "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn".

--------

Apart from that: Does anyone know the former band A-Teens? I'm not a big fan of that style (the so-called Europop), but the group's singers were gorgeous! Especially if we compare them to.... say... Beth Ditto... for example. I loved Marie Serneholt!

And Vengaboys, from the Netherlands? SK, man, how fortunate you are! You were f***ing right when you said that the Dutch girls are great! What beauties you have there! I loved when Kim Sasabone sang ♫ "Boom boom boom, I want you in my room..." ♫ Yeahh! I couldn't sing the same to Beth Ditto (there isn't enough space in it for her!!).

And Princessa? Wow! Mediterranean beauty at its best! She's no longer active, but I remember I had a big crush on her when I was younger. Although, as I said, this is not one of my favourite music genres. Lately I've been thinking about how fortunate I was for having known such hot female musicians. I mean, instead of Beth Ditto (just to put an example).

Last edited by Zaqarbal; 12-04-2010 at 10:30 PM.
Zaqarbal is offline   Reply With Quote