Music Banter - View Single Post - The Most Beautiful Female Musician
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 08:27 AM   #621 (permalink)
thirtiesgirl
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
Yes it would because in his original post all Zaqarbal did was post a picture of a woman he found unattractive, in this case Beth Ditto.

It was YOU that bought up the weight issue later on.

So yes, a picture of Courtney Love would have implied the exact same thing.
Urban Hate, please tell me you're not that disingenuous. If Zaq's reason for finding Beth unattractive is not about her weight, why then post a pic of her next to a slender woman? Why not post a pic of Beth and, say, Mama Cass, or the women from Gravy Train? Why continue to post 'comparison' pics of Beth next to slender women? Zaq can play the game all he wants and pretend that his reasons for finding Beth unattractive are not related to her weight, but I've been around for too long and have seen sizeism take on many guises. This is just one of them. As I've said before, I don't expect Zaq to find Beth attractive. Attraction is subjective and my point is not to make others find fat people attractive. My point is that Zaq's comparison pics are unnecessary, since his point in posting them is to underscore exactly how unattractive he finds Beth Ditto. Believe me, we fat people know how you feel about us. We know you find us unattractive, socially unacceptable, lazy, slovenly, unambitious, etc. We don't need to see those viewpoints repeated ad infinitum everywhere we go.