Music Banter - View Single Post - The Most Beautiful Female Musician
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 08:45 AM   #628 (permalink)
The Fascinating Turnip
Moper

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtiesgirl View Post
Thanks for your support. When I first posted in this thread, my point in posting a variety of women with a variety of body shapes was to indicate that there's no need to compartmentalize beauty or what one finds attractive. I also made that point in writing to Zaq. You guys do it to the extreme and it has caused nothing but harm and damage to women who try to maintain that ideal. I think it's very important to try to create a social environment where people of every body size, shape, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation and age can feel accepted, loved, understood and safe. Where they don't need to try and maintain impossible standards of beauty and cause harm to their bodies simply because that's the dominant standard. Please explain to me how that's "arrogant, defensive and unnecessary" and why I'm deserving of bad treatment.
I found your attitude arrogant, defensive and unnecessary. I'm not sure who you mean with "You Guys", but that aside I beleive Zaqarbal merely clarified your initial question about the thread being about the beauty of a woman's voice or their physique. After that you merely started picking a fight, even if the argument was fairly civil in the beginning.
The tone you took just now was perfectly adequate, nothing against that, you just explained your cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtiesgirl View Post
Huh? s_k wrote that Beth is slutty in his post. Why the judgment? He knows nothing of her sexual history.
s_k was clearly referring to a member of Vengaboys, he has no idea who Beth Ditto is, as you would notice if you'd read his post properly.
The Fascinating Turnip is offline   Reply With Quote