Music Banter - View Single Post - Little Things That Make You Feel Sad
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 08:59 AM   #50 (permalink)
thirtiesgirl
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayvan Cowboy View Post
If I was a dude I'd definitely ask her out. Honestly, I'd kill to look like her.

I'm going to cheer her up. It honestly pains me to see her get made fun of like that. According to my friend who knows her cousin, it's been going on for quite a while
Why can't you ask her out? Assuming the school you're talking about is your high school, I know it can be tough to be openly out in high school and face the negativity you often get from other students, and you may not want to court that kind of hate. But there are several openly out same-sex couples at the high school where I work and they rarely get hassled by other students. ...Then again, it is in Southern California and we tend to have a more progressive viewpoint about some things than other areas of the country. (Well, at least the young people here do, if not the adults.)

If the school you're talking about is college, I wouldn't think anyone there would have an issue with same-sex couples. College is a bigger place than high school, much less insular, and I'd think it would be easier to be who you are in a bigger place, around people who are mostly focused on their studies and don't have time to care about what other people are doing.