Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 02:16 PM   #2399 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

I've also heard that the gameplay has been tweaked a little bit to evoke a feeling of other survival horror games where you have to manage your resources a little more thoroughly, i.e. not kill every living (or unliving) thing you see. I will eventually get Red Dead Redemption and maybe even Undead Nightmare, but in the meantime I've been playing:

Resident Evil 5, Gears of War 2, and I just got Battlefield: Bad Company 2 from Gamefly in the mail today. So far first thoughts on the first two:

Resident Evil 5 feels weird playing it on an Xbox controller, for some reason I have been having some controller issues that has made the game a little bit more challenging, but I'm sure that will pass with enough time. It's pretty nice on a graphics level and not much has changed from Resident Evil 4's except for the god awful inventory system. I definitely miss the attache case from Resident Evil 4 but seeing as how every reviewer has brought up the inventory system in their critiques I won't beat a dead horse.

Gears of War 2 is pretty much what I expected, still heavily reliant on the cover based combat, even though at times it seems questionable, at least on a lower difficulty. I actually restarted the game and changed it to a harder difficulty so I could make the most out of the cover based combat gameplay. I do like the addition of being able to use downed locust members as shields, but I have yet to engage in a chainsaw duel, which was one of the gameplay mechanics highlighted in the previews. The general feel of GoW2 feels pretty unchanged but I suppose why fuck with something that proved to be very popular in the past, I mean just look at the God of War series for evidence of that. I have to say I really enjoyed the worm chapter and it's definitely a game I would go back to play for shits and giggles, definitely $15 well spent.

Now time to get some homework done so I can enjoy Battlefield Bad Company 2 this week while devoting equal amount of time for finals.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote