Music Banter - View Single Post - Born in the wrong generation
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 05:44 PM   #128 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

I was born in the late 80s. Wish I would've been born in the early 80s or late 70s, just so I could been older while going through the 90s. Probably would've appreciated it more at the time, which would have been awesome because I love a lot of 90s music, but going to a show now is a lot different than seeing those same bands back in the 90s.

I'll give a lot of love to the 90s. Just a weird time musically. I feel like everything now tha tis popular or mainstream is pretty much directed towards partying/club music. Nothing wrong with partying, but I just don't see bands like Smashing Pumpkins anymore...Or old Green Day, or RATM, or definetly not Nirvana

90s had a lot of crap like Hanson, Macarena, Who Let the Dogs Out, etc but there were also a lot of one hit wonders that I thought were awesome (Duncan Sheik - Barely Breathing for example). Bands like Third Eye Blind, Counting Crows, Matchbox 20, etc were all bands I liked.

Plus 90s is the true golden age of hip hop. Damn, west coast and east coast blew up in the 90s. The list goes on of classic albums and artists... So yeah, 90s pretty much ruled musically despite the boy bands and rise of pop princesses like Britney and christina
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote