Music Banter - View Single Post - 25 Random Facts About You
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 07:16 PM   #762 (permalink)
s_k
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batty View Post
1. I was born in the 50's man.
6. I nearly died last year from internal bleeding in my stomach.
Glad you're still with us man.
I was given up when I was 10 because of an Asthmatic attack.
On the edge. Stil there

Quote:
7. I prefer records to CDs.
Woohoo

Quote:
11. I don't have an iPod.
Neither do I. I love the way they work but they don't sound all that good compared to other Mp3 players.
I have a Sandisk Sansa hooked up to my car stereo

Quote:
12. I have not bought a PC since 1994.
Oh I have, but when I see what kind of PC's you can get for free.
There's a Pentium IV 2.8ghz behind me that I got for free which runs just brilliant.
And my laptop, an IBM Z60m, which is really brilliant, was free, too.
I do buy a lot of second hand PC's for under 50 US dollars but I do buy a brand new PC every
now and then. I have to, because I edit video and photographs and this software gets heavier by the day.
Also, I like to play a new game now and then...

Quote:
22. I live in Australia, which has 7 of the top 10 deadliest snakes and I have a snake phobia.
23. I have been bitten by a camel spider.
I just looked that up.
I have agoraphobia... So thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhanastasio View Post
THIS. YES. Typewriters are my favorite method of writing.
I must admit I mainly use it to make tape indexes.
My grandpa used to have a little green binder in which he made indexes for the tapes he recorded.
I always loved that, but it took me years to be organized enough myself to do such a thing.
A couple of years ago I got exactly the same binder with a tapedeck I bought (I collect reel to reel tapedecks).
I immediately bought fresh paper for it and started a new tape indexing system.
Because the binder is green, I called the first tape 'green tape 1'.
Almost two years further now and I'm at green tape 43 by now
It's not really useful, but it's something I like to do.
Listening to this one now:

Quote:
I'm currently trying to learn. Used to just "wish" I could played, then thought I was completely inept...I believe "guitarded" was the term I used to describe it. But now I can actually play some songs and such, never having taken lessons or anything, and I've only been playing about 7 months or so.
That's really nice. I don't think I'm guitarded. I can read music and I used to be pretty good at playing piano back in my early teens. I stopped doing that when I was fourteen or so. I have a pretty nice acoustic guitar and it's really time I pick it up. I'm a bit ashamed of people hearing me practice, but I hope next year I'll have a house of my own and that'll be the moment to start practicing. I don't really want to play songs as such. If I could play the most common chords and sing along, I'd be happy

Quote:
All of these! Except I'm just terrified to sing in front of people. It is much better when I'm playing guitar, but that's still my issue with the whole singin' thing. Also, 5 is my lucky number!
You'd love to have a van and drive too? And you have a thing with 25 and you can sing but don't really dare to and you like to be up at night? We should get along .
You know, this is never going to happen, but there's no harm in dreaming; If it were up to me, I'd say: Let's both make 25 mix tapes, buy a van and start an epic road trip with a lot of singing along to the tapes and your guitar.
Sounds like a great idea .
One thing you should promise me though: Please, no CocoRosie, please? .