Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 07:41 AM   #15209 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtiesgirl View Post
She wasn't an old lady. Buffalo Bill only nabbed young girls, usually plump ones, because he wanted their skin to make a skin-suit to fit over his larger guy's body. Bill thought of his victims as things, not people, often calling them "it." For example, "it rubs lotion on it's skin, or it gets the hose again." Although Silence was a work of fiction, Bill's particular criminal mind-set was not made up, but based on serial killers Ed Gein, Ted Bundy, and Jerry Brudos. Gein made tropies and keepsakes from his victims' bones and skin. Bundy often captured his victims by pretending to be injured, like Bill did in Silence. Brudos often dressed up in his victims' clothing, which Bill did, too. This is why I so adamantly dislike objectification of women.
Yes, he only nabbed young girls, but if memory serves me right (not seen the movie in over a year) the dead woman in the bathtub was an old lady, right?

Wasn't it the lady who actually owned the house, and she died and he was using her house? Because I remember Clarice actually looking for the old lady, and Jame Gumb answering the door saying he was a nephew or something.

I think?
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote