Music Banter - View Single Post - Ke$ha
Thread: Ke$ha
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 10:03 AM   #376 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
Nas doesn't sing, he's a rapper. And the album he made in 1994 is pretty widely regarded as the best rap album ever so....

I know what Kesha is trying to do. I just don't think she is talented whatsoever. Like I said, she can't sing or write good lyrics... All she can really do is talk over a party beat and have a dirty girl image that looks like she threw her outfits together with a $10 budget trip to Walmart. She just has no talent at all, just some nice beats thrown behind her crappy talk-rap or whatever you wanna call her vocals
I'll try this once more...

I don't know whether she can sing or not. My point is, she's not trying to be American Idol. Maybe where you come from everyone believes polished performances are the best kind, and we should all strive for that. I don't.

If she sang those songs they would suck. Seeing as they don't suck currently, I don't think we should fault her for achieving the height of the piece. Do you think she'd be better if she dressed well? If she used real instruments?

Of course she wouldn't. What you're trying to do to Ke$ha is equivalent to admonishing Picasso for the brush he used. The art is achieved in certain ways, some better than others. She made a decision to do what she does and quite frankly I think it was the correct one.

And I'm aware Nas is a rapper, that was my point. And Illmatic sucks.