Music Banter - View Single Post - Ke$ha
Thread: Ke$ha
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 10:15 AM   #378 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
I'll try this once more...

I don't know whether she can sing or not. My point is, she's not trying to be American Idol. Maybe where you come from everyone believes polished performances are the best kind, and we should all strive for that. I don't.

If she sang those songs they would suck. Seeing as they don't suck currently, I don't think we should fault her for achieving the height of the piece. Do you think she'd be better if she dressed well? If she used real instruments?

Of course she wouldn't. What you're trying to do to Ke$ha is equivalent to admonishing Picasso for the brush he used. The art is achieved in certain ways, some better than others. She made a decision to do what she does and quite frankly I think it was the correct one.

And I'm aware Nas is a rapper, that was my point. And Illmatic sucks.
Had a good laugh at the bolded part. But I respect your opinion, even though it differs from mostly everyone who listens to a lot of hip hop.

You can stop acting like I'm not 'getting it' though. I understand what you are saying. She isn't trying to be the world's greatest singer. And she has certainly succeeded in that aspect. I understand she is making music that's appealing in this pop culture... I just don't respect her talent. Well, lack thereof. Nothing she does impresses me. Just crappy talking over a party beat with a lethal dosage of autotune and a dirty party girl image. She's selling albums, good for her. But she just doesn't have any real skill. I think pop stars like Rhianna and Katy Perry are a million times more talented and I respect their music much more.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote