Music Banter - View Single Post - 25 Random Facts About You
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 04:57 PM   #766 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

It's been a while, so here goes...

1. I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

2. I love being single.

3. I support Wigan Athletic, and I get constant stick for it from my flatmate. Apparently I know nothing about football because of it.

4. I always shut him by pointing out the irony of a Man U fan from London saying that though.

5. I have 2 second teams, one of which is QPR, seeing as there's a long line of their supporters on my Mum's side of the extended family. My Grandad was an apprentice at Loftus Road as well.

6. The other's Exeter City, seeing as I was born there and all.

7. I support Wigan because my Uncle's got a property in nearby Ince. He knew I loved football, and was friendly with a ticket tout who got me in on the cheap whenever I was up there. Don't worry - I started buying my tickets legally when I could pay for them myself They were the first football team I ever watched though (a 1-1 home draw with Notts County in December 2001 to be exact), so there's my exuse for supporting them.

8. The last football match I attended was when Wigan lost 3-0 at home to Blackburn Rovers. I think it was Boxing Day (certainly near the end of) 2006. Morten Gamst Pedersen and Steve Morrison scored two of the best goals I've ever seen that day.

9. The worst match I ever watched in Wigan was when we lost 1-0 to Wimbledon. To put that into perspective, the Dons were bottom of the table and were on a run of 12 successive defeats before playing us.

10. I do actually talk about things other than football.

11. I'm in the middle of writing a war movie for my dissertation.

12. I was really excited about it at first, as it's something I've never done before, but to be honest I'm just glad most of the hard work's done already.

13. The worst film I've ever seen is a 3-way tie between North, Highlander 2 and Batman & Robin.

14. One of my life ambitions is to flip a box of pizza out of someone's hands while they're eating from it and run off.

15. Yes, I think of new ones everyday.

16. All I want for Christmas is a bottle of good whiskey and Football Manager 2011 on the PC.

17. While I don't go for any particular 'look' with the way I dress, 99% of days I find myself wearing buttoned charity shop shirts and jeans.

18. While I've jammed with mates randomly a few times down the years, I've only ever been in one gigging band, and even that was only three performances for about a month back when I lived in Scotland. That was a 3-piece Beatles cover band. I played bass and sang the odd McCartney tune, my favourite one to do by far being Kansas City/Hey Hey Hey Hey.

19. One of the other lads in the band was in the navy, a diehard Beatles fan and one of the most down-to-earth and all-round nice people you could ever wish to meet. The other was an unemployed, very-scary-yet-pretty-damn-sound-when-you-got-to-know-him Rolling Stones fanboy, and a very aggressive drunk - basically exactly the kinda bloke you'd want on your side in a fight. I miss those guys - they were fucking legends.

20. I'm bored of my hair colour and seriously considering dying it red when I get some more cash in.

21. My current flatmates are nice enough I guess, but I basically consider them just a bunch of guys I live with rather than mates (unlike previous flats I've found myself in).

22. I like to think I'm fairly easy to get on with, but it takes a lot for me to genuinely see eye-to-eye to someone and thus call them a true friend of mine.

23. I've still got bits of work to do, but I'm at that stage of a semester where most of the hard work's done and I can't really be bothered to do much other than eat, drink, watch Nostalgia Critic videos and sleep (whether it's coursework I'm meant to be doing or not).

24. I don't eat fast food very much at all anymore, but out of it all my favourite kind of it would be a fat donner kebab, no salad with about a truckload of chili sauce over it.

25. If you think Forbidden Colours is at all sub-par, then you and me probably aren't gonna get along

Last edited by Bulldog; 12-07-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote