Music Banter - View Single Post - Dirty's Lyrics and Songs
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 04:22 AM   #35 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonlitSunshine View Post
I'm gonna be brutally honest here because... well, there's no other way to be really, no point in mixing your words, eh? (though the irony of such a phrase in this thread isn't lost of me :P)

When I first saw this thread, I opened it with the intention of seeing if I was right about the kind of person you are. In general, I find your posts to be kind of annoying; you seem to enjoy provoking a reaction more than actually contributing to any discussion, and revel in aggravating people. You are quite often brash, uncaring, brutish and callous, but I can't quite figure out if it's because you don't care, you're really like that, or you're just joking around because you find it fun.

I expected rhymes about how awesome you are, about how women should know their place and come back with a goddamn sandwich, things said in order to raise a reaction from as many people as possible.

I found a series of well formed, (fairly) well produced (I have my qualms, which I will come to!), and surprisingly insightful and thoughtful subject matter. yeah, you have your fun every now and then, but I enjoyed listening to every track, and they have a mellow... optimism, to them, that I wasn't expecting. I downloaded the Tape, and I'm listening to it for a second time now cause it makes exceptional background music

In some of the tracks, the vocals are too prominent; they stand out so much that it doesn't sound natural at all. "Hollow" to me has the right balance, whereas Scientific, for example, isn't. All however as still very much enjoyable, and insightful, and I'm glad I took the time for read and listen to this thread, if not for the reasons I thought!
Well regarding my posts... I'd describe some of my posts as taking my true thoughts and opinions on things and cranking them up a little bit. I don't take the internet so seriously. So I can see how some people would get the wrong impression, but I think a lot of it is just jumping to assumptions and conclusions by other MB members. Somehow not being attracted to hairy women equates to me thinking women are less than human or something.

But thank you very much for the response and critique. I agree with what you have to say about the vocals. They were actually even louder in most of the songs and then we turned them down somewhat. I don't think the beat and words gel as well as they could, but we aren't professionals or anything. We are two guys who just record and produce everything on a portable studio in a garage, so all things considered I think the production and everything sound pretty good. If I had a real studio to record in and some more people who know what they are doing production wise I think it would sounds even better, but it's not like I'm trying to get a record label or anything so I'm pretty happy with the product (even though on a few songs I rushed the endings lyrically cause I was running out of time).
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote