Music Banter - View Single Post - The 2010 Musicbanter Awards - Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 08:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Default The 2010 Musicbanter Awards - Discussion Thread

It's that time of year again where you all start to post more and be nicer to each other. Of course, it is MB Awards time.

MB Awards give us the opportunity to reflect on the last 12 months here, all the new members to have joined, all the trolls that have annoyed us, all the journals that have entertained us and all the mods that have infracted or banned you.

This years awards process will be much similar to last years, as that seemed to work well. An initial nominations round will be created where you will be given a list of nomination categories (Best new member, funniest member, member of the year etc) and the opportunity to vote for any MB member you wish in each category. This will then allow me to draw up a multiple choice list of candidates for each award based on the submissions of the community as a whole and will commence a voting round where you can vote for the member you want to win each award.

This seems to me to be the fairest way AND the funnest way to do this. It ensures that your vote is counted but also that if the member you nominated doesnt make the list, you can still participate fully in the voting round.

The purpose of THIS thread is to give you guys a few days to come forward with any suggestions you may have regarding the category list, the voting process or any part of this if you feel we can make it better than last year in any way. I can't guarantee that I will be able to use your suggestion in any way but they will all be considered.

Once this thread is closed, the nominations will begin and any suggestions you may have had will unfortunately not be able to be implemented. I don't know when this thread will close just yet but chances are it will be locked on the Monday the 13th December.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust