Music Banter - View Single Post - Riot Grrrl!
Thread: Riot Grrrl!
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 05:55 PM   #26 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

This week I heard for the first time and enjoyed the song "A Girl's Toolbox" by the former duo Tattle Tale.

Wikipedia describes Tattle Tale as "an American musical group that existed between 1992 and 1995. Composed of Jen Wood and Madigan Shive, they were well-known in the Riot Grrrl scene, playing what was later to be termed folk punk."

I definitely like the punk feel of this song and also the lyric, "I've got a hammer, but the nail isn't you. Come with me, we'll build a house tree." I like the constructive rather than destructive feel of the song! I also like that it is so supportive of women's significance. The song feels sweet and forceful to me at the same time.

All their other songs on the "Sew True" album are too soft and willowy for my tastes, but this one...mmm...I like it quite a bit, especially when the energy of the guitar picks up near the middle, at 1:26...yeay! I like the buildup to that moment and the transition very much. I'd give the rest of the album a pass, but this song is a keeper for me:

Tattle Tale - "A Girl's Toolbox" from their album Sew True

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 12-08-2010 at 06:06 PM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote