Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 04:31 AM   #13981 (permalink)
James
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopinuk View Post
I knew you guys had it bad up there but James, NINE hours for a SEVEN mile journey? You guys could get to London in nine hours if the roads were clear!

I watched the video and it looks very, very deep in that guys estate but on the main roads you can see people walking just alongside it and it isnt up past the knees as it is outside of his house. So where are your gritters? How can a snowplow, a vehicle made to drive through snow, get stuck in that? This country is pathetic when it comes to dealing with these conditions. Other countries would laugh their heads off at how we have come to a complete stop over the last few weeks.
Journeys like that have been going on all week. Buses aren't running, all the cars are getting stuck, 25 people had to sleep in the soft play area at the local football stadium!
What it comes down to is our council being crap, personally my areas council recently spent 3 MILLION QUID building a large mermaid statue and some plastic waves by the side of the road. They're supposed to light up but were built to bright for drivers so they're useless now. With that money they could have sent out gritters and eliminated the preoblem from the start. I've missed five prelims now because of this snow.
James is offline   Reply With Quote