Music Banter - View Single Post - Another newbie logs in.
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 11:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
Thank you all for your friendly welcome messages.
Yes, tore, I did notice there`re a lot of younger guys here, so it`s reassuring to know that I`m not alone : anyone from the land of grey and pink probably has a few years under their belt too.
I liked the "occassional" that you put in front of Soft Machine - that`s quite often enough for some of their material. In fact some of their tracks sound best if you never play them at all !
Thanks also for the offer of help - that`s very kind. I`m going to check out the guide, see what`s been said about the Allmans, and will try to work out private messaging, etc.
Cheers.
P.S. My favourite Caravan title: "If I could do it all over again, I`d do it all over you."
Never listened to their music much, though.
I'm a norwegian in my very late 20s, so I am older than the average member here, but beatlemania is still a very distant time! I'm a sucker for english bands and artists from the 70s, though.

Soft Machine indeed requires me to be in a certain mood before I want to listen to them, but Caravan is played quite often here. As you probably know, In the Land of Grey and Pink is generally their most celebrated album, but my favourite is For Girls Who Grow Plump In the Night (another funny title ). If you like other Canterbury bands (or prog rock or jazz fusion in general), you should check out our prog & fusion album club thread! Basically, the goal is to listen to albums and then discuss them and so far from the Canterbury scene, we've done Henry Cow, Gilgamesh and Robert Wyatt