Music Banter - View Single Post - The Slut Debate
Thread: The Slut Debate
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 04:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
Can women sleep around without being considered a slut? Is it actually possible? Does everyone here believe it is slutty for a woman to have multiple sexual partners? If your friends, sisters and grandmothers were doing it would you call them a slut?

And is the term man slut widely used enough? If women get called a slut, why shouldn't a man if he carries out the same behavior defined as a slut.

Disclaimer: in no way do I think people should be called sluts in the first place but it is an issue and it makes me uncomfortable about making my sexual decisions.
When women sleep around, it's seen as a bad thing. Because guys have egos, and they don't want their girlfriend or wife to have slept with like 50 guys. I don't think girls care as much about how many people their boyfriend has slept with. If a guy has slept with a lot of girls, it'll give a sense of value to them in the eyes of a lot of women. 'If they are getting laid so much, they must be doing something right!' Some girls might be 'impressed' for lack of a better word, that their man has succeeded in attracting so many girls. At the same time, a guy won't be impressed because it's easier for a girl to find partners. If an average looking girl just wants to have sex with a more attractive guy, the chances are that guy isn't gonna refuse sex. But if an average looking guy just wants to have sex with a more attractive girl, there's a very high chance she will refuse.

I don't think many men would really care or be offended by being called a slut. Most would probably just shrug it off. They are getting laid, who cares? Women however will get offended, because like I said the value of a woman to a potential boyfriend or husband might decrease, whereas a mans value to a potential mate probably isnt going to decrease because he sleeps around. Think of it as this... Everyone likes a master key. It opens all kinds of doors. It's awesome! But a lock isn't very good if tons of keys can open it, is it?

As for my opinion on a slut... Kinda gotta go case by case basis, but really it depends on 1) How many guys shes banged who she wasn't dating and 2) How easy she is.

*Cue posts flaming me*

Last edited by Dirty; 12-10-2010 at 04:35 AM.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote