Music Banter - View Single Post - The Recreational Drug Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 08:58 AM   #3265 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
Even if that were true...it certainly doesn't stop most people. Can anyone truly tell me the 21 age limit is working out?

Every drug policy this country has, including alcohol, is just completely retarded and counterproductive.
Right on.

I think the USA actually has more alcohol problems than other countries, even though we have the highest drink age. Biggest problem with alcohol and weed is misinformation and bad education.

The government has flat out admitted that the Above the Influence campaigns don't work. They admit that. Even after they admitted it, the Bush administration increased funding by something like $120million. Any doubters can google and find the government document. Anyone who has seen the Above the Influence commercials knows it's a complete joke. Intentionally misrepresenting a drug to the public. That's pathetic.

There is no alcohol education. It's all just 'dont drink til you are 21!' Even though everyone knows that law doesn't prevent anyone from drinking. Kids get to college and have some freedom and just get bombed. Cause alcohol has been this mysterious thing to them all through their teens, then they dont know how to handle themselves or how much is too much.

You know what I'm just gonna stop ranting now cause im actually getting kinda worked up about this and dont feel like typing a novel right now
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote