Music Banter - View Single Post - Hello there children!
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 02:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sebastian
Groupie

Default Hello there children!

Hello happy hipsters and other dirty musicians!

Introduction:
My name is Sebastian (actually it's my second name but I always liked it better) and I love music. Listening, composing, playing and everything between those. I am kinda young I think. Im only 18 so I think I'm still kinda young even though I am classified as an adult and I have to take care of myself I still consider myself as a child. Also I am brother of TheFolkslave (a member of this forum). I play in a post rock band but it's moving really slow since some members live in different cities and we have alot of different instruments.

Genres:
I used to like metal and I used to have long hair, but I grew out from metal when I heard post metal the first time. I just fell in love with Cult of Luna and Callisto (which is from my hometown boo yah!) and I just went softer and softer to post rock. Then I started to like indie and 90s emo like Mineral. Now I've been searching for good emo bands with no luck. I like Ambient music too if it's made with good taste and not just for the sake of being minimalistic. Also I am starting to like dark/doom jazz bands now that I'm actually listening to the albums straight through with thought.. Great stuff!

Bands:
Heres some of my favourite bands: EF, Cult of Luna, Callisto, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Youth Pictures of Florence Henderson, Mineral, Sigur Rós, Hammock, Halo of Pendor, Wolf Parade, Handsome Furs, Grandaddy, Neutral Milk Hotel, As Cities Burn, Arcade Fire and some other bands that I can't remember.

2010:
I've liked this year alot. Many good albums have been released this year like: Mourning Golden Morning (EF), Chasing After Shadows... Living With the Ghosts (Hammock) and many other good albums. And GY!BE came back this year so that makes this year extra epic. Looking forward to seeing them live in 2011 and hopefully some recordings? So I'm really psyched about next year too!
Sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote