Music Banter - View Single Post - The Disorders and Character Flaws Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 06:58 AM   #174 (permalink)
MoonlitSunshine
Dat's Der Bunny!

Agree: 4,5,6,12,19,23,42: 1 point
Disagree: 24,29,30,49: 1 point
Score: 11

I never score highly in tests like that, despite being an avid mathematician. Logic is my life atm :P

As for other flaws/disorders, reading threads like this always makes me feel astonishingly normal. I went through a bout of isolation and a small amount of depression shortly after my 16th birthday that lasted for about 6 months, but I never had to take anything for it, and I was able to kick myself out of it, so it can't have been anywhere near severe. Apart from that, it's been plain sailing really, though I have a schizophrenic cousin, another cousin who is anorexic, and my sister was on drugs for depression for a while, plus a family very much prone to addictions and problems of various sorts. Sometimes I feel like it's only a matter of time before something crops up :P

Regarding online psych tests... they tend to be pretty flawed: I just did one that told me that I'm narcissistic and schizotypal, because I'm confident in myself and I have insanely crazy thoughts and conversations every now and then, and I have an appreciation for the strange.

Schizotypal Personality Disorder - individual is uncomfortable in close relationships, has thought or perceptual distortions, and peculiarities of behavior. - is definitely not me, I love close relationships, and have heart-to-hearts with a number of people all the time. perceptual distortions is a little exaggerated: whenever someone says something that has an alternate meaning of any sort, my brain always constructs a humourous scenario around that alternate meaning, and yeah, I'm a little weird, but that's just me being a little different :P

Narcissistic Personality Disorder - individual has a grandiose view of themselves, a need for admiration, and a lack of empathy that begins by early adulthood and is present in various situations. These individuals are very demanding in their relationships. - lol. I'll just say no to that.

- Arthur Dent
MoonlitSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote